Alexander the Great Interesting Facts – He is also known as Alexander III, Alexander Macedonian, and Alexander. When was Alexander the Great born? The Great was born in 356 BC. Alexander’s father’s name was Philip. How to approved Google Adsense
By his death, he had conquered every land that the ancient Greeks knew. This is the reason why he is called the global winner. He conquered areas up to Iran, Syria, Egypt, Mesopotamia, Finland, Judea, Gaza, Bactria, and Punjab in India.
He is called Ascender-i-Maqduni (Alexander of Macedonia) in Persian and Alexander the Great in Hindi. So in today’s article, we will learn interesting facts about Alexander the Great empire. Also, about Alexander the Great movie, young Alexander and how he died.
Starting Life Of Alexander the Great
Alexander was born on 20 July 356 BC in Pella, the capital of ancient Napoleon. Alexander was the son of Philip II, king of Macedonia and Olympia, and his mother, Princess Olympus of its neighboring kingdom Epirus.
Alexander’s maternal grandfather was King Neoptolemus. Alexander also had a sister, both of whom were raised in the royal court of Pella. He had seen his father most of the time engaged in military operations or post-marital relationships, but his mother had taken great care in raising Alexander and his sister.
Young Alexander the Great
At the age of 12, Alexander had learned horse riding very well and showed it to his father when Alexander overpowered a trained horse Bucephalus, which no one else could control. On this, Philip said to his son, My son you should look at yourself and this great empire, the kingdom of Macedonia is very small in front of you, you have immense talent.
Alexander rode the Busefels in many wars of his life, and that horse remained with him until the end. When Philip began to infiltrate Thrace by gathering his vast Macedonian army in 340 BCE, he left his 16-year-old son Alexander to rule the state of Macedonia, this shows that at such a young age How responsible Alexander was perceived. After this, when Alexander became king, he conquered the world and won all the wars one after the other.
Alexander the Great Movie
It is a historical movie. this movie is released in 2004. It is based on the life of King Alexander the Great and Macedonian Greek General. This movie is starred Colin Farrell and was directed by Oliver Stone. It crossed $167 million worldwide with a budget of $155 million.
Alexander the GreAlexander the Great Interesting Facts
1. We have all heard that Alexander had conquered half the world, but the truth is that he could win only 5 percent of the earth. मानव शरीर में कितना खून होता है?
2. Alexander was taught by the great philosopher Aristotle until he was 16 years old.
3. Alexander was awarded the title of The Great Alexander for his impressive contribution as a military commander.
4. It is said that he was the great Aristotle who aroused Alexander’s dream of conquering the whole world.
5. It is reported that Alexander had a disease in which he feared a cat. This disease is called Ailurophobia. Let us tell you that this disease has been lived by many great rulers including Napoleon, Mussolini, Hitler.
6. It is reported that Alexander married three times, and first married a woman named Roxana. It was a love marriage, the second marriage was to a woman named Strayer, and his third marriage to a woman named Partsatis, all these marriages were done for political gain.
7. It is believed that once Alexander organized a drinking competition, in which 42 people died due to drinking alone.
8. After defeating the Parsi community, Alexander had two more weddings and after that, he started wearing the same clothes.
9. Alexander was not happy with his life and was therefore stressed and for this reason, 7 was considered a cruel dictator.
10. Alexander had discovered 70 cities throughout his life, of which he named 20 cities after himself and one city after his horse.
11. His dead body was placed in a gold coffin.
12. They dreamed of ruling the whole world but they did not dare to raise their eyes towards Sparta.
13. He was greatly influenced by the epic Iliad by the great Greek storyteller Homer and always kept that book with him.
14. He had a special affinity for his horse, due to which he named a city in Pakistan after his horse Bucephalus There is a difference of opinion among historians about the actual location of this city, but it is confirmed that this city was on the banks of the Jhelum River in present-day Pakistan.
15. Alexander, in his last will, expressed his desire to establish a continent where people had a sense of love and harmony.
16. Once Alexander asked the sage to know the future (showing his hands) related to his conquest of India, the sage immediately said that the future emperor of India (pointing to Chandragupta) is sitting in front of him.
At this, Alexander invited Chandragupta to his camp under a mechanism. It was at this time that Chandragupta first met Helena (Cornelia), the daughter of Seleucus.
Where Alexander played polo with Chandragupta in which Alexander ordered Chandragupta to be killed after Alexander was defeated. But Chandragupta escaped from there.
17. Alexander had only one war on Indian land with King Parvateshwar (Porus) of Punjab. In which Chandragupta Mauryan participated on behalf of Porus as the commander of the army of the Malwa Republic, because Chandragupta was unhappy with the Emperor of Magadha not helping Porus.
18. How was Alexander the Great defeated? The most important role in stopping his victorious chariot was that of King Puru of India (referred to by historians as Porus) and the regional chieftains of India, who created terror in Alexander’s army by their strength. defeated and forced to return from India and he also returned fearing the huge army of Magadha.
19. How old was Alexander the Great when he died? He was 33 years old died in 323 BC due to fever and lacquer. The cause of Alexander the great death remains a mystery in history because many believe that he died by the arrow of Porus’s army.
20. Alexander the Great tomb: 600 years after his death, it was like a pilgrimage site. Kings and commoners used to go there from far and wide. Warriors like Julius Caesar, Mark Anthony also visited Alexander’s tomb but no one knows how Alexander’s tomb disappeared in the early 4th century.
Frequently asked questions about Alexander the Great
1. Where was Alexander the great from?
Ans: He was from Macedonia.
2. What are some interesting facts about Alexander the Great?
Ans: All interesting facts about Him give above.
3. How tall was Alexander the Great?
Ans: He was only 5 ft (152.4 cm).
4. How many battles did Alexander the Great win?
Ans: He won 20 major battles with a 20-0 record.
6. Was Alexander the Great 7 feet tall?
Ans: No, he was only 5 ft (152.4 cm) as the average Greece of Era.
8. What was Alexander’s greatest battle?
Ans: His greatest battle was with King Porus on the banks of the river Jhelum. Porus was the king of Punjab in India. This war is also called the Battle of Teesta and Battle of Headspace.
9. How many places did Alexander the Great conquer?
Ans: He conquered areas up to Iran, Syria, Egypt, Mesopotamia, Finland, Judea, Gaza, Bactria, and Punjab in India. He is called Ascender-i-Maqduni (Alexander of Macedonia) in Persian and Alexander the Great in Hindi.
10. What was the last battle of Alexander the Great?
Ans: The last major battle fought by Alexander was Hydaspes, which was fought with King Porus of Punjab.
11. Which river did Alexander not cross?
Ans: After the battle of Hydaspes his army didn’t cross the river Jhelum in India.
12. Did Alexander the Great lose in India?
Ans: Plutarch, who wrote the history objectively, wrote that Alexander could not stay in front of the 20,000 armies of Emperor Puru.
Further, the Great Emperor Dhanananda of Magadh, the world’s greatest capital, was prepared to welcome him with an army of 3,50,000 consisting of 80,000 cavalry, 80,000 war chariots, and 70,000 destroyer elephants. His cruel soldiers used to cut the enemy’s soldiers like chickens.