Facts about Earth Planet – We all know that in our entire universe, Planet Earth is the only where life is possible, yet scientists are predicting and searching for life on other planets in the infinite universe. But at present, it is true that only life on earth exists. In this article here we will talk all about Earth such as the formation of the earth, earth day, etc. And 42 interesting facts about the earth. So let’s start.
Formation Of Earth (History Facts)
Here we will not only tell you about the formation of Earth but also about the formation of the entire solar system. Because to understand the formation of Earth, it is very important to understand the formation of the solar system. Like we have given in detail about the formation of the Sun in our previous Sun post.
As we have told in our article of the Sun that the sun was formed due to gravitational collocation of dust and cold gas clouds 4.6 billion years ago. These dust and gas clouds are called nebula.
After the creation of the Sun, the remaining nebula’s particles form a disc revolving around the Sun, and the smaller particles moving around in this disc begin to form large bodies by joining together due to gravitational force.
Currently, light elements such as hydrogen and helium remain in the area near the Sun, but due to the solar wind, they are now moving away from the Sun. Heavy and solid materials survive in the area near Surya.
Metals that are more heavy and solid are the first to form the core of terrestrial planets (such as Mercury, Venus, Earth, and Mars). After the core is formed, the less heavy and solid materials join on top of it due to gravity.
In this way, all the heavy materials keep going towards the core and the lighter materials keep coming upwards and after coming up, cool down and make a layer of crust. And thus 4 big terrestrial planets are formed.
The Earth was not very hot and gradually started to cool down with the passage of time. And due to its gravity, absorb some gases and form the outer layer. Large mountains and volcanoes formed due to the collision and friction of tectonic plates in the mantle layer below the Earth’s crest.
And the gases emanating from the volcano created the Earth’s atmosphere, making the Earth worth living for us. And at the time of the creation of the earth, many strides hit the earth and these asteroids brought water, minerals, etc. with them.
We had told in the beginning that light materials like hydrogen, helium, etc. had gone away from the sun due to solar wind. These Jovian planets, such as Jupiter, Saturn, Uranus, and Neptune, were formed by the joining of these light materials by gravitational forces.
Formation Of Moon
It is believed that in the early days of the Earth, a planet named “Thia” collided with Earth. The collision created the Moon from the debris in space. This collision caused the earth to tilt on its axis by 23.4 degrees. Due to this, the weather started changing on the earth.
Interesting Facts About Earth Planet
1. Do you know if the Earth starts rotating 17 times more than its current angular speed, then the weight of any object placed on the equator will be zero.
2. Astronauts may receive protein-rich food, water, and oxygen by growing algae called Chlorella present on Earth in the spacecraft’s cabin.
3. You will be surprised to know that our Earth gets only 2 billionth part of the sunrise, even then it is so hot.
4. 4.5 billion years ago, the day on the Earth was 6 hours.
5. If an object is thrown from the earth plane in any direction above 11.2 km / s or more, then the object will not return to the earth plane again, because when throwing the object at such a speed, it will not be able to return to Earth’s gravitational. The area crosses.
6. Atmospheric pressure decreases as the earth rises above the surface, causing difficulty in cooking at high altitudes or mountains.
7. The Sun is so big that about 13 lakh stars of the size of our Earth can be contained inside it.
8. The planet Jupiter is so big that about 1300 earth like ours can be contained inside it.
9. All of you must have seen the star falling in the sky, in our earth every year more than 30 thousand outer space objects enter the earth, which starts burning due to friction of the earth’s atmosphere, that is what we call a falling star.
10. Do you know, the Earth’s orbit is not circular, but elliptical, as we all know that the distance between the Earth and the Sun varies during the whole orbit. The minimum distance between the two is 14,71,66,462 km, which is called Perihelion and the maximum distance is 15,21,71,522 km, which is called Aphelion.
Order of the planets: Sun: Mercury, Venus, Earth, Mars, Jupiter, Saturn, Uranus, Neptune. Mercury is the closest planet to the sun.
11. It takes about 365 days and 6 hours for the Earth to revolve around the Sun due to which every year, it increases by 6 hours from the calendar year, due to which, every fourth year is 366 days and in February, 29 days instead of 28, This is called the leap year.
12. Even after several crores of years of Earth, scientists have been able to search only 10% of the sea, still, scientists have to find out how much the sea is deep and what secret is hidden in it.
13. Humans have not set foot on any celestial body except for the moon (2019), but in the future NASA is preparing to send humans to Mars. Mars planet closest to earth. It is a planet like earth.
14. In ancient times, people believed that the Earth is located at the center of the universe and stars, sun, planets, and moon revolve around the Earth, which was totally wrong.
15. It is said that the only thing made by humans from space is the huge wall of China ‘Great Wall of China’, but that too is no longer visible from space due to excessive pollution. But this is not so because all other natural things of the earth can also be seen from space.
16. If the Earth did not have its own moon, the day on Earth would probably have increased for about 6 hours or more hours.
17. Some part of the sun’s energy collides with the surface of the Earth and the sea and gets converted into the atmosphere.
18. There is so much gold on our earth that it can cover the entire surface of the earth up to 1.5 feet (45.72 cm).
19. The difference between the maximum and minimum temperature is called temperature, the highest annual temperature on Earth is 65.5 ° C in a place called Birkhoyansk located in Siberia.
20. 90% of the world’s waste goes to sea.
21. 71% of water is present on the earth but only 2% of its water is drinkable.
22. The rainiest place on earth is Mausinram which is located in Meghalaya, India.
23. The Earth makes a complete rotation on its axis from west to east at a speed of 1610 km / h in 23 hours 56 minutes 4 seconds. This motion of the Earth is called rotation or daily motion.
24. There are days and nights due to the rotation or daily motion of the Earth.
25. Every day on earth, 2 lakh people are born and every second 2 people die.
26. Even though the temperature of the Earth seems normal to us, but its interior is equal to the temperature of the sun.
27. On 23 September and 21 March, day and night are equal on the whole earth.
28. First Pythagoras told that the Earth is round, then Newton proved that the Earth is round like orange.
29. The highest elevation on Earth is Mount Everest (8,850 m) and the highest depth is the Mariana Trench (11,022 m). Thus, we can estimate that the difference between the maximum height and the maximum depth present on the Earth is about 2 km.
30. Do you know, to protect the Earth from environmental and other hazards, every year 22 April is celebrated as Earth Day in the world. It was first celebrated on 22 April 1970.
31. Earth appears blue when viewed from space due to the presence of excessive water, hence it is also known as a blue planet.
32. The gravitational force of the Moon is 1/6 of the gravitational force of the Earth, due to which 60 kg placed on Earth is 10 kg on the Moon.
33. The temperature rises by 1 degree Celsius when the earth goes down every 32 meters deep.
34. Earth is similar to Venus by size and shape, hence Venus is also called ‘sister of Earth’.
35. The gravity acceleration (g) of the Earth is the lowest on the equator and the highest at the poles. This is why gravity is not found equal everywhere on Earth.
36. Day and night are not equal because the earth is tilted on its axis.
37. Planet Earth is the only planet in our solar system where water is present in all three phases – liquid, solid like gas.
38. Today we humans have spread so much pollution on the earth and have destroyed so many forests and trees that the temperature of the earth has increased by 1.5 ° F.
39. When life started on Earth millions of years ago, the first living beings were born in water and after that, life came on the earth.
40. Do you know the reason for a tidal ebb in the sea on earth is the force of gravity between the moon and the earth. On the contrary, whenever the moon comes close to the earth, with its gravitational force, it draws seawater to itself and it is called tidal and the gravitational force of the earth pushes this water down.
41. According to scientists, after 5 billion years from now, our Earth will be destroyed and all kinds of life on it will end completely. This will happen because, after 5 billion years, the sun will turn into a huge red giant and will swallow the Earth along with Venus, Mercury.
42. Millions of years ago, the dinosaurs ruled the earth, but what happened was that the dinosaurs came to an end, and then humans were born. It was caused by an astronomical object hitting the earth.
43. Google earth pro is a tool of Google by which you can see the earth from space in a Google satellite view. This tool is also known as google earth studio.
44. The star nearest to Earth is our Sun, but after the Sun second nearest star to Earth is Proxima Centauri. Which is 4.3 light-years away from our earth, which means if you try to go there at the speed of light, then it will take you more than 4 years.
45. Mass of earth is 5.972 × 10^24 kg or 6,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000 kilograms (6 trillion-trillion kilograms).
46. Colour of earth from space is like blue marble with white swirls.
FAQs About Earth:
1. What is the real name of Earth?
The official scientific name of our blue planet is Terra but in English, we call it Earth and similarly, the scientific name of our nearest star Sun is named Sol. But we also have sun in English.
2. When was the earth formed?
Earth formed after the sun 4.6 billion years ago.
3. Is Earth named after a god?
In English, the earth does not directly name after an ancient Roman deity. This name is derived from the eighth-century Anglo-Saxon word erda, which means ground or soil. And that it became the aorta, and then erthe in Middle English.
4. Do we live on Earth or on Earth?
We live on the crest of the earth which is the upper surface of the earth not inside it. Because the earth is a solid body and too hot from inside.
5. What species came first on Earth?
The single cellular creatures first formed in the sea and then life has been started on Earth.
6. What is the most Earth-like planet?
Mars planet closest to earth. It is a planet like earth
7. Is planet earth on Disney plus?
No, Because Disney plus is a tv channel or an OTT platform. This channel is for cartoons and On it, you can see movies and web series programs.
8. Is planet earth on Netflix?
No, because it is an OTT platform. On it, you can see movies and web series programs.