Every country has its own separate laws. There are different histories and amazing facts. It is one of the oldest nations in the world and the national anthem is ‘La Marseillaise’. The history of a country is not formed in a single day. So here we will talk about the population of France, the capital of France, and French-speaking countries. And read interesting facts about France and Paris Eiffel tower. It is a European country. Paris is the capital of France and the largest city in the country. Let’s know everything about it which are probably you don’t know.
Top 30 Amazing Facts About France
1. France become a republic in 1792 as a result of the French revolution. The French revolution was a period of time when people overthrew the monarchy and took control of the government.
2. A Cook’s assistant who defends the queen was fried in butter and burned alive during the revolution.
3. Head of the present king Louis XIV is cut off by the people and their handkerchief is dipped in his blood during the revolution. This handkerchief found after 200 years which is hidden in a dried squash.
4. According to the area, It is the largest in Europe and 50th largest country in the world.
5. The population of France in the year 2019 is about 6.7 crores. So that it holds 20th position in the world for the population. the period of this revolution is 14th July 1789 to 1799.
6. Cause of Revolution: There were many reasons but talk about some major. i) Before it starts France was facing a financial crisis because France involves in a series of expensive wars and drastic weather and poor harvesting increase the prices. ii) On July 20, 1789, is knowns as Tennis court oath day. People say that they had not separated until given France a constitution. iii) Third one is the royal family’s unsuccessful attempt to flee from France etc.
7. It is one of the popular countries because every year millions of tourists come there.
8. In France 12 time zones are used because it is colonized in 12 colonies. Each colony has a different time zone. which is in Europe have an only one-time zone. These are Martinique, Guadeloupe, French Polynesia, French Guyana, Reunion och New Caledonia.
9. Famous inventions which change the world like Hot air balloon, stethoscope, pasteurized, and parachute are invented here.
10. Louis XIX became the king for very shot time which is 20 minutes.
11. In France, you can marry a dead person but you need to prove that there was already a plan on getting married. and Also send a formal request to the president.
12. It is a 17th country that considers male impotence as a crime.
13. Paris is the capital of France it was founded in the 3rd century BC by Celtic people called Parisii, who gave the city its name. In the 12th century, it was the largest city in the western world and become a trading hub. It is also called ‘The City of Light’.
14. Paris was the fifth most expensive city in the world for luxury housing. The rate per square meter is €184499.
15. The first public zoo was created in Paris in France during the revolution in 1793 and cover 6.5 hectares in area. the name of zoo is ‘Jardin des Plantes’.
16. Eiffel Tower is one of the world’s tallest man-made structures. It was complete on March 31, 1889.
17. It is 324 meters tall (including antennas) and 10,100 tonnes in weight.
18. If you want to climb the top of this tower there are 1665 steps So, most people take lifts. These lifts travel a combined distance of about 103,000 km in a year, which is two and a half times of circumference of the earth.
19. During Cold weather the tower shrinks by about six inches.
20. Since its opening about more than 250 million people have visited the tower.
21. After every six years the tower is repainted which requires 60 tonnes of paint.
22. The construction of the Eiffel tower took 2 years, 2 months, and 5 days.
23. The official language of France is french but it is fact that 94% of French children know English as their second language.
24. Everyone knows that 1st April is known as Fool’s Day. It was also originated in France after the nation started following the Gregorian Calendar but failed to communicate the change properly.
25. The Statue of Liberty in New York City in the USA is a gift by the people of France.
26. Mont-banc in the French Alps is the highest peak in Europe. It is about 4810 meters high.
27. It is illegal to kiss at the railway station.
28. Face covering clothing is called burka is a ban or illegal in France. The law has been passed against burka.
29. The official name of France is The French Republic and the motto is that ‘Liberty, Equality, Fraternity.
30. French is the official language in over 24 countries in the world.